Thursday, May 24, 2012

Glimmer Distressed Blooms with Carla

Design team member Carla is back today to share her brand new flower tutorial!  Here's Carla to tell us all about it...

So recently have I made this layout for the wonderful May challenge at My Creative Sketches.

Hope you come join for fun and so thrilled take a look at the sketch and amazing prize up for grabs!

That's not all... time to give you another tutorial.  You never can get enough flowers.  I like to share for fun with you how I have made this distressed bloom.  What I have just there for leftover designer paper.

 All you need is a glimmer mist and a flower punch.

Lightly spray them on one side.
They do not have to be really wet.

Just gently crumple them up.

Just like so.

Then let it dry or use a heatgun.
When dry gently undo the petals letting the crumple shape stay in the petals.

Glue them all together with a dab of glue in the centers.

And a Prima little flower in the center and some beads with glue.

Here is a close up of the finished flower.
I hope I inspired you today with this fun flower tutorial.

We hope you will give Carla's flower technique a try!  We'd love to see your creations uploaded to our gallery.

No comments: