Thursday, October 18, 2012

Background and Highlighting Techniques with Jolaine Frias

Design Team member Jolaine Frias is sharing some of her terrific background and highlighting techniques today!

Here's Jolaine...

Here's one of my layouts with this month's main kit:

Posted Image

and here's the background:

Posted Image

To achieve this look, I brushed some gesso and splattered with my Glimmer Mist applicator. I also dipped a plastic cup on some paint and used it as a stamp for those orange circles.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The base for this layout is the beautiful die cut paper found in the LE kit. I loved using it on my layout and to highlight it, I applied liquid dots using my Viva Pearl Pen in the color salmon.

Posted Image

Here's a close-up...

Posted Image

2 comments:

Carol Vivenzio said...

Lovely, soft and so pleasant to view. You did an awesome job. I use these pearl drops, too.

Bente Fagerberg said...

Thanks for sharing your tips and your gorgeous layouts with us Jolaine!!