Thursday, July 13, 2017

Background Tips with Yvette!


Hi My Creative Scrapbook Fans!  For my tutorial this month, I decided to use a die-cut circle set to create a super awesome background for the upper portion of my layout.


I begin by using my Sizzix Big Shot to die cut several circles in various sizes.  Next, I applied pool mid-tone and soft pool shadow inks to the outer edges of each circles, use a blending tool starting with the lightest to darkest. 



A Soft Yellow shadow ink was applied to the smaller circles.


 Next, I added the splish splash pattern paper to the lower half of the page and once all the circles were positioned as I like them, I added a 2 inch strip of pattern paper across the middle of the layout. 

              
  At this point I trim the excess circles and added some machine stitching around the perimeter.
Next, I layered some of the die-cut frames from the Summer Bucket List ephemera pack underneath my photo and love the added interest this creates.


I created a cluster of embellishments on the bottom right hand corner of the photo that includes one of the Summer Bucket list die cut, a few Summer Days chipboard stickers and a couple of  bits & pieces.   


I used one of the phase as well as the happy banner from the Summer Days cardstock stickers to create my title and later decided the area around the title needed a bit more detail so I added a few more stickers.   

The cloud and sun sticker were a perfect addition to the top left hand side of my photo, along with  some journaling strips. I really love the selection of embellishments and patterned papers in this kit,  it made it so easy to document my summer photos !  


       I  finished my layout off by adding my journaling. 
Thanks for stopping by :) xx

     I hope you felt inspired today! If you are not a subscriber yet, give it a try.  The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it! 







No comments: